[Ecls-list] ECL as an embedded language on an Android game

Yuri Albuquerque yuridenommus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 23:15:50 UTC 2013

I'm scratching my head with some issues I'm having regarding ECL on android
(I'm using these patches: https://github.com/ageneau/ecl-android).

But the documentation only talks about how to build ECL. It does not talk
about what I'm looking for:

1 - Licensing/the ecl-android build process. ECL is LGPL, which means I
can't statically link against it without open sourcing my project (which I
can't), but ecl-android generates a static library for it. Since there are
so many files and generators, I don't even know where to start to change it
to a shared library.

2 - My build process. I wanted to be able to compile my library as a static
library and link it against my project. But the project does not explains
how to perform that. The sample, HelloEcl, simply loads ECL and some
previously built libraries so I can connect to them through SLIME. And
again, I don't understand exactly how the build process works. The iOS
example uses ASDF-CROSS:BUILD-IOS, which does not have something equivalent
for android.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

--
Yuri Albuquerque