[Ecls-list] GMP -> MPIR

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Aug 30 09:15:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:37:07 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> still struggling with the Windows port, I am seriously considering a
> switch to MPIR, which seems to build better with all environments,
> while preserving the original license.
>
> If anybody has an objection, could you speak up?

Would it only be for the Windows port?  I only looked for matches for
MPIR, but I fail to see ready packages for MPIR on NetBSD or Ubuntu (I
didn't check on other systems yet).

But apparently their API would be compatible?  If so, autoconf magic
could select MPIR or GMP automatically with --with-system-gmp=yes on
unix platforms if MPIR is also supported on those perhaps, and use the
statically linked MPIR from the source tree with --with-system-gmp=no
perhaps?

Thanks,
--
Matt