[Ecls-list] Multi thread problem

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:15:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Stanislav Frolov <frolosofsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> There is a bug in error processing, I think. But root of my problem is in
> FElibc_error:"pthread_getspecific() failed.". I don't understand ECL's
> threading but looks like you call pthread_getspecific (ecl_process_env)
> before
> pthread_setspecific (ecl_set_process_env).

Thanks a lot for the careful debugging. It seems ECL ran into a vicious
circle: to register itself it has to create an environment, but to allocate
any object an existing environment was assumed. I have fixed this and
another problem with GC_unregister_my_thread(), which can only be called
once. Your example seems to work here now.