[Ecls-list] Multi thread problem

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:01:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Stanislav Frolov <frolosofsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> I see, pthread_create replaced with GC_pthread_create by boehm-gc macro.
> So I
> still cannot use ECL with _any_ thread abstractions? My main goal to use
> ECL
> with POCO and/or Qt threads on linux and windows. Is it possible? I saw
> sources of EQL and found it is not support threads.

Yes it is possible to do what you intend. I just wanted to make sure that
there was no problem with thread registration at the Boehm-Weiser garbage
collector level -- when the library intercepts your calls, it registers all
threads and so the code in ECL becomes harmlessly redundant.

Thanks for reporting this problem. Will get back to you ASAP.