[Ecls-list] Multi thread problem

Stanislav Frolov frolosofsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:42:45 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 17:00:43 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> Could you try exchanging these two, or removing pthread.h completely? ECL
> is including gc.h which overrides several thread functions, including
> creation and destruction -- not that it is needed, but I would like to know
> whether the same example works with this change.
>
> Juanjo

Exchanging - fail.
Removing pthread.h - fail.

Sorry, I forgot to specify my platform information in the main post.

Platform - linux Gentoo, x86-32,
GCC - 4.6.3,
glibc - 2.14.1-r3,
ECL - latest git version, configured with --enable-threads
boehm-gc - 7.1-r1, configured with USE +cxx +threads

I see, pthread_create replaced with GC_pthread_create by boehm-gc macro. So I
still cannot use ECL with _any_ thread abstractions? My main goal to use ECL
with POCO and/or Qt threads on linux and windows. Is it possible? I saw
sources of EQL and found it is not support threads.