[Ecls-list] why not make a release?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 27 15:01:00 UTC 2012

I mean only the bugs the alreay fixed.

Suppose new user comes to the mailing list and asks:
- I want to use ECL, what version do you recomment?
  Release 12.7.1 or some version from source control repository?

If the answer is "a version from source control", than it makes sense to name
this version from source control a release 12.7.2 and publish on the ECL web site.

In other words the version advertised on ECL web site as the release should
be the best known of existing versions.

>> (windows build fixed?).
> Once more, what is the problem here? I do not see any bug report in the database: http://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/bugs/
I just reminded there the case when in the previous release (12.2) didn't build on windows, and when it was
fixed in HEAD, the fixed version was not released.

27.11.2012, 13:09, "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com>:
> MOP is currently a stopper. It doesn't make sense to come up with a release that conflicts with a later release of closer-mop.

See yourself, I am not saying exactly about the particular last commit in git.

If the current version is better than 12.7.1 then one of the possible approaches may be to
release it as 12.7.2, and after MOP work is completed, release 12.7.3 with MOP support.

Best regards,
- Anton