[Ecls-list] why not make a release?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:09:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru>wrote:

> There were many fixes since the last release, including quite critical
> ones.
> Why not release the current version as 12.7.2?

MOP is currently a stopper. It doesn't make sense to come up with a release
that conflicts with a later release of closer-mop.

> If I remember correctly, similar situation was with the previous release.
> After the release was made, there were some bug repors and fixes

All releases will present bugs which were not contemplated prior to the
release. This is and has always been the case. I have given up in perfect
releases, and I really do not understand what you mean by this.

> (windows build fixed?).

Once more, what is the problem here? I do not see any bug report in the
database: http://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/bugs/

> So it happens that released versions present ECL not in the best shape.

I do my best. If this is not enough, I am sorry.