[Ecls-list] Building native EXE on Windows is too hard!

Ralph Möritz ralph.moeritz at outlook.com
Wed Nov 7 13:16:57 UTC 2012

Hi Franjo & all!

back in July I started playing around with ECL with the goal of building a chess engine in Lisp. Back then I battled to get ECL to compile an EXE on Windows for a simple "hello world" program. You can read about my experience here: http://lispetc.posterous.com/chess-part-0-of-n-baby-steps (Sorry for the link but I don't want to copy 'n paste & lose all the formatting)

I have some questions/suggestions:

1. When using Visual C++ compiler, why doens't ECL use the /LIBPATH switch instead of requiring the user to set the LIB environment variable?
2. Why do we manually have to set C::*COMPILE-IN-CONSTANTS* to T?
3. A command-line switch like Gambit-C's -exe to build an EXE from Lisp code would be nice :)

Cheers,
Ralph