[Ecls-list] switching betwen byte-code compiler and lisp-to-c compiler

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed May 30 22:30:53 UTC 2012

[better version of the letter - fixed some typos]

Juan Jose, could you explain or point to docs about the right way to deal with two compilers?

Supposing ECL is build with ECL_CMP = 1 both compilers are included, right?

Is it possible to enable lisp-to-c compiler, compile something, than switch
to bytecode compiler, compile (and load) some files, than switch back?
(I saw that (require :cmp) loads the lisp-to-c compiler, but is it possible to switch back?
is there another interface to enable/disable lisp-to-c compiler other than (require :cmp)?)

How to control it when asdf:load'ing systems?

My interest is running test suite of an ASDF system first
in lisp-to-c compiled mode, and the in bytecode compiled mode.
(I can restart ECL so maybe disabling lisp-to-c compiler after
it was enabled is not critical for me, but I would like to know
what is the ideology about controlling which compiler is in use)