[Ecls-list] trace macro seems to not accept any option, e.g. :step (ECL 12.2.1)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun May 27 21:14:20 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Antonio Bonifati <
antonio.bonifati at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Unfortunately I also need the stepper sometimes to debug my code.
> Recompiling is not a problem at all. But how do I enable the stepping
> feature on a function when compiling? I mean, is that already implemented?
> Do I have to implement it by myself in Lisp itself? :-)

No, the bytecodes compiler is capable of that. As seen in src/c/compiler.d

@(defun si::eval-with-env (form &optional (env Cnil) (stepping Cnil)
                           (compiler_env_p Cnil) (execute Ct))

this is the function that transforms a form into bytecodes and it allows
one to specify that it should be stepped. Using this and
FUNCTION-LAMBDA-EXPRESSION it should be possible to teach TRACE how to
recompile a traced function so that it allows stepping.