[Ecls-list] trace macro seems to not accept any option, e.g. :step (ECL 12.2.1)

Antonio Bonifati antonio.bonifati at gmail.com
Sun May 27 20:57:46 UTC 2012

> ... to step through code ... this has to be told at compilation time. The
> :step option could be reimplemented by forcing the function to be
> re-compiled, though.

Thanks Giovanni,
of cource I appreciate ECL better performance and indeed I switched from
CLISP to ECL for that reason and also because of better Windows support.

Unfortunately I also need the stepper sometimes to debug my code.
Recompiling is not a problem at all. But how do I enable the stepping
feature on a function when compiling? I mean, is that already implemented?
Do I have to implement it by myself in Lisp itself? :-)

Antonio