[Ecls-list] ECL and raspberry pi?

H Durer h.duerer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:51:21 UTC 2012

Thanks Juanjo.

At the moment I am trying a compile with -DAO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS in the
CFLAGS.  That seems to include a header which will implement these
primitives via pthreads mechanisms.  Not very efficient I guess but it
might work.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM, H Durer <h.duerer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now that I finally have a raspberry pi, I was going to try to do some
>> lisp on it.
>

> Nice little device!
Yes, I love it so far.

> [...]

>> I tried compiling a recent version from source but without any flags I
>> get an error about unsupported ARM codes being used:
>

> The problems arise not because of an ECL component but because of a library we use: libatomic-ops. This library is needed to implement user-space locking routines (mutexes, message passing queues, etc) without resorting to complex and expensive operating system calls. There are two escape routes here:
> #1 You disable support for threads, with --disable-threads at configuration time
> #2 You install libatomic-ops from Debian and use it in ECL
>
> #1 might be the easiest one.

I really would like to have threads...

I managed to install the libatomic-ops-dev package which gives me the
headers and the lib pre-built.
Could you outline what is involved in using the system libatomic-ops?
Would configure find that and use it or do I need to tweak things in
the source and Makefiles to make use of that lib?

Thanks!
    Holger