[Ecls-list] ecl crashes while slime-connect

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:48:52 UTC 2012

Stanislav Frolov <frolosofsky at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have a problem. Ecl crashes with current slime. I tested ecls-11.1.1-r1 and
> ecls-12.2.1 from Gentoo repo and 12.7.1 from git. In different times I see
> different things: SIGSEGV, errors, infinite recursivly locks...
>
> GNU Emacs 24.1.1, all Ecl versions and last slime from CVS.
>
> For example:
> ;; swank:close-connection: Timed condition variables are not supported.
> ;; Event history start:
> close-connection: Timed condition variables are not supported. ...
> ;; Event history end.
> ;; Backtrace:
> 0: SAFE-BACKTRACE
> 1: G384
> 2: RECEIVE-IF
> 3: DISPATCH-LOOP
> 4: CONTROL-THREAD
> 5: G482
> 6: NIL
> ;; Connection to Emacs lost. [
> ;;  condition: Timed condition variables are not supported.
> ;;  type: SIMPLE-ERROR
> ;;  style: :SPAWN]
>

> (:ASDF2 :ASDF :ASDF-UNIX :LINUX :FORMATTER :ECL-WEAK-HASH :LITTLE-ENDIAN
>  :ECL-READ-WRITE-LOCK :SSE2 :LONG-LONG :UINT64-T :UINT32-T :UINT16-T
>  :RELATIVE-PACKAGE-NAMES :LONG-FLOAT :UNICODE :DFFI :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT
>  :UNIX :ECL-PDE :DLOPEN :CLOS :THREADS :BOEHM-GC :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP
>  :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :PREFIXED-API :FFI :PENTIUM3 :COMMON :ECL)
>
> ---
>
> Part of my ~/.emacs:
> (set-language-environment "utf-8")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/slime")
> (require 'slime)
> (setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
> (slime-setup '(slime-c-p-c slime-repl slime-autodoc slime-fancy))
>
> Part of swank inttialization in my program:
> (require 'swank)
> (swank:create-server :port 9999 :dont-close t :style :spawn)
>
> Any ideas?
:spawn communication style stopped working after threading primitives
were changed in ECL (as the error said, Timed condition variables are
not supported.)
As a workaround you can omit :style :spawn option, it will use NIL
communication style, which is not that great, but at least it works.

--
With best regards, Stas.