[Ecls-list] build error for ecl 12.7.1 under MSVC 2008, 2010

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Jul 18 07:15:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:25:59 +0530
bob <bobatnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, could you guys please give an indication or put up a tutorial
> somewhere as to how to make slime work in the best way with ecl ?

In my experience SLIME from CVS works fine with ECL as-is, as with
other implementations one has to configure emacs to use it.  In my
~/.emacsrc I have:

(set-language-environment "UTF-8")
(setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/emacs-scripts/slime")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf))
(slime)

You might want to use something else than UTF-8 if your locale is not a
UTF-8 one, though (ASCII or possibly ISO-8859-1, etc).

I hope this helps,
--
Matt