[Ecls-list] 45 new commits

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 1 14:09:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> * Along this line, *EXT:CHECK-VALUE* is a new primitive that inserts
> those checks. Roughly the syntax is (EXT:CHECK-VALUE value
> non-evaluated-type-name), as in (CHECK-VALUE X INTEGER).

I have change the syntax of this special form, because it makes it more
convenient to reuse it:

 - ECL introduces two special forms, EXT:CHECKED-VALUE and EXT:TRULY-THE,
which
   have the same syntax as THE, but in the first case lead to a type
assertion
   at low safety levels and in the second case lead to an unchecked
   declaration. By default THE maps to EXT:CHECKED-VALUE (as in SBCL), but
this
   may be controlled globally using the declaration/proclamation
   EXT:THE-IS-CHECKED.

I also changed LOOP so that it optimizes better the assignments to
variables, avoiding the new implicit type checking in ECL.