[Ecls-list] Ecl version of with-float-traps-masked and vector-sap?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:59:54 UTC 2012

Does ecl have the equivalent of cmucl's (and sbcl's)
with-float-traps-masked and vector-sap?

With-float-traps-masked sets up the fpu state to mask certain
floating-point exceptions.

Vector-sap basically takes a specialized array and returns the address
of where the data actually is.  This assumes that (simple-array
double-float (*)) is stored in memory as one or more header words
followed by consecutive double-floats.

Oh, I also need the equivalent of without-gcing.

I'm looking at trying to get matlisp to run with ecl, and now that
someone has contributed an ffi using cffi, I thought getting matlisp
working with ecl would be nice.

Thanks,

Ray