[Ecls-list] How to pass arguments to the C compiler?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Tue Feb 7 22:51:00 UTC 2012

07.02.2012, 22:24, "Pedro Henrique Antunes de Oliveira" <phao1989 at gmail.com>:
> Hi.
>
> How do I change which arguments that are passed to the C compiler?
>
> I tried changing ecl-cc.bat which is in the ecl folder, but didn't
> seem to result in anything different.
>
> I am running ECL 11.1.1, on Windows 7, compiled by MS VC++ 2008, ECL
> is using CL (I am refering to the C/C++ compiler on MS VC++).
>
> Thx.

I use variables from the compiler package. They are not public, but it looks
like there is no public interface for this.

(let (
      ;; compiler variables
      (compiler:*cc* "something")
      (compiler::*ecl-include-directory*  "something")
      (compiler::*cc-flags* "something")
      (compiler::*cc-optimize* "something")

      ;; linker variables
      (compiler::*ld* "something")
      (compiler::*ld-rpath* nil)
      (compiler::*ld-flags* "something")
      (compiler::*ecl-library-directory* "something"))
  (compile-file "hello.lisp"))

See in ECL sources how these variables are passed to compiler / linker