[Ecls-list] Problem compiling Maxima 5.26.0 numerical/slatec/dbesj.lisp with ECL >= 12.7.1 on Cygwin

Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 19:31:36 UTC 2012

Dear all,

It seems we have problem compiling Maxima 5.26.0 (not tested higher
versions yet) on Cygwin.

On my 64 bits Windows 7 system, ECL gets stuck while producing the C
files for SLATEC::DBESJ function.
On a Windows XP we get a scary segfault I guess on a different file,
see http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/13324#comment:85.
This does not happen on a usual Linux system or with 12.2.1 (the build
did not finish yet but passed the problematic file).

Maybe these are Cygwin issues, but maybe there was some changes in the
way ECL translates lisp to C between 12.2.1 and 12.7.1 that is not so
portable.
Especially the first problem I'd say.
Any hint on how to debug this?
Or does the numerical/slatec/dbesj.lisp inspire something to anyone?
(I'll begin bisecting this week-end)

Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori