[Ecls-list] Changes with new ASDF version?

Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:18:18 UTC 2012

Dear all,

We use ECL to build Maxima with ASDF for Sage, and it seems something
changed between the 12.7.1 and 12.12.1 releases.
The command line we use is:
ecl \
    -eval '(require `asdf)' \
    -eval '(setf asdf::*user-cache* (truename "./lisp-cache"))' \
    -eval '(load "maxima-build.lisp")' \
    -eval '(asdf:make-build :maxima :type :fasl :move-here ".")' \
    -eval '(quit)'

We then copy the produced fasb file to ECL library directory and
change the extension to fas.
Before it produced a file called maxima.fasb, now we get
maxima-system.fasb and from what I do offers the same functionality.

Could you please explain to me what changed because I'm really lost in
all of this?
(I see there is a maxima-system.lisp file, but also a maxima.asd file,
what are these for?)
And I guess what is more important, do we build maxima the right way?

Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori