[Ecls-list] anyone able to build ecl (stable/git) on mingw ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:10:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM, bob <bobatnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build ecl (both stable from git) on MinGW (latest stable)
> with gcc 4.7.0. But I am presented with different errors during the make
> stage. Using the stable release (12.7.1) I hit upon make error while
> building libsocket. So I tried configure with --with-tcp=no. But then I
> have error in /src/c/file.d.

I always build ecl on all supported platforms prior to making a release. In
this case I tested it on mingw, cygwin and msvc before putting it out. None
of the errors you experience were reported nor were seen in my Virtualbox
images.

> I would like to know if it is by design that building ecl on MinGW isn't
> supported ?

Why do you say this, when it is stated on the ECL webpage that Mingw is
supported?

The only thing that happens is that ECL runs on more than 10 different
platforms and sometimes changes that look innocent break one of the ports.

> I think I somewhere saw a page listing the current build state of ecl on
> variuos systems. Any info ?

It does not work. I do keep a farm of build bots but the Windows
virtualboxes are very very hard to keep automated -- they break regularly
and it is difficult to run jobs through ssh on them