[Ecls-list] Compilation problems with octave header

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 18:07:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM, bob <bobatnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> /usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/lo-mappers.h:33:26: error: expected ‘)’
> before ‘>>’ token
>
> All have the same error occurring in  different header files. I have tried
> to compile pure C++ code containing oct.h with the same compiler flags
> straight  using gcc and they compile just fine.
>
> ECL: 12.7.1; gcc: 4.6.3
>
> Any ideas ?

You could play with the intermediate sources. If you use

(compile-file "foo.lsp" :c-file "foo.cc" :h-file "foo.eclh" :data-file
"foo.data")

ECL will keep the intermediate files for you to inspect. You may have a
look at the place where ECL put the #inline statement for oct.h and see
whether moving it somewhere else helps -- it might be that ECL's headers
are interacting in the wrong way with Octave's.