[Ecls-list] Compilation problems with octave header

bob bobatnet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:24:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use liboctave functions in lisp code. For that purpose, I
have put some inline C code and put an #include directive for a header,
oct.h. I have put some small local patches to ECL so that I can now specify
the additional include libraries and compiler options. Initially it wasn't
able to find iostream which was corrected by making the intermediate file
a .cc file. But now the compiler throws up many such messages trying to
compile oct.h:

/usr/include/octave-3.2.4/octave/lo-mappers.h:33:26: error: expected ‘)’
before ‘>>’ token

All have the same error occurring in  different header files. I have tried
to compile pure C++ code containing oct.h with the same compiler flags
straight  using gcc and they compile just fine.

ECL: 12.7.1; gcc: 4.6.3

Any ideas ?