[Ecls-list] ecl-test

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Thu Nov 10 23:44:47 UTC 2011

On 11/10/2011 02:40 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com
> <mailto:pbowyer at olynet.com>> wrote:
>
>     I also downloaded and ran the ecl-test suite and I would like to know
>     what is considered a passing grade for the test suite because after
>     running the tests, I have several ".erg" files present in the
>     output. I
>     understand that the presence of a ".erg" file indicates a failure
>     for a
>     particular test and I assume that I have several problems...[...]
>     Would there be additional steps I need to take in either the build or
>     running the tests that would reduce or eliminate the number of ".erg"
>     files or am I just facing insurmountable errors?
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> those files belong to an older test suite which is in many ways
> incorrect. I only keep them to see changes in the numbers of "errors"
> so as to see changes in the behavior of ECL. The mandatory test suite
> is the ANSI test suite (ansi/), which is complemented by ECL's own
> test suite (directory bug/)
>
> Juanjo
>
> --
> Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
> c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
> http://juanjose.garciaripoll.googlepages.com

Hi Juanjo:

What is the proper procedure for running the tests?

What I did after downloading ecl-test was to cd into ecl-test and run
'make' which chugged away for a few seconds and then I examined the output.

I re-ran the tests after downloading a fresh copy of ecl-test and upon
examining the log files I find that 'ansi.log' and 'bugs.log' both have
errors in them that indicate the tests aborted prematurely (Trying to
attach them to this message for your inspection).

Both 'ansi-old.log' and 'tests.log' show they completed, but looking in
their related folders is where I find many ".erg" files.

Is it expected that I rework something to get the tests to run?

Paul