[Ecls-list] ecl-test

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:40:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> wrote:

> I also downloaded and ran the ecl-test suite and I would like to know
> what is considered a passing grade for the test suite because after
> running the tests, I have several ".erg" files present in the output. I
> understand that the presence of a ".erg" file indicates a failure for a
> particular test and I assume that I have several problems...[...]
> Would there be additional steps I need to take in either the build or
> running the tests that would reduce or eliminate the number of ".erg"
> files or am I just facing insurmountable errors?

Hi Paul,

those files belong to an older test suite which is in many ways incorrect.
I only keep them to see changes in the numbers of "errors" so as to see
changes in the behavior of ECL. The mandatory test suite is the ANSI test
suite (ansi/), which is complemented by ECL's own test suite (directory
bug/)