[Ecls-list] Problems building Maxima with ECL on Cygwin.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 19:39:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:

> Hi,
> it has been reported that there are issues in trying to build Maxima on
> Cygwin
> using ECL. Does this look like an ECL issue. See error message at
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11260

I can confirm that this is _not_ specific to Windows XP. On a different
virtualbox image I am getting the same errors. It seems that the problem is
related to the use of fork() in cygwin, which is very fragile.

I am considering various possibilities. The obvious one is to reuse the code
in RUN-PROGRAM that we already have for Windows/Mingw+MSVC in the Cygwin
builds. I am not sure how easy this is -- still investigating.