[Ecls-list] Status

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:04:18 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I apologize for the lack of response in the last weeks, due to this months
sequence of summer courses.

I am taking note of the problems reported in the mailing list. Almost all of
them revolve around the Windows port, or the statically linked ECL, and the
reason is that in both cases ECL relies on an unstable version of the
bytecodes compiler, modified to produce files that can be moved around
machines and used when a C compiler is not available.

So the current focus of my work is to fix this, but it is not at all
trivial. Hopefully this will lead to a standalone version of ECL which is
more usable, but in the mean time some instability can be experienced, as
reported here.

Just FYI, today I just uploaded another fix to the bytecodes compiler which
makes ECL finally build itself entirely with the bytecodes compiler, install
this in the core and solves the problem of bytecodes-compiling functions
with non-externalizable constants.