[Ecls-list] calling ECL functions defined in an ASDF package from C code

Philipp Marek philipp at marek.priv.at
Thu Jul 14 08:35:01 UTC 2011

> A heavy weight workaround (which is actually preferable in my case given
> the non-lispyness of my co-workers) is to copy all required *.lisp files
> into the directory of your lisp project, and then compile a shared
> library using a sequence like that in the attached build file.
>
> This is certainly not elegant, but it does remove any dependency on ASDF
> or QUICKLISP.
Well, of course it would be fine if that dependency tracking could be done in ECL ... so
that having
    (c:build...  (:include-modules '(alexandria cl-ppcre)))
would automatically include all needed .o files.

(For simplicity I'd say that the given dependencies need to be loaded in the compiling
ECL, so that it can simply use a list that was built upon loading them).

Then it wouldn't really matter where they are, and neither if ql was used or not ...

Regards,

Phil