[Ecls-list] Command line arguments, :noloadrc, special vars

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:09:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I tested again with the new changes and the same test code, however I
> now see a line printed about the top level, and am unable to do
> anything to trigger the printing of an error if I type in invalid
> arguments.  The message I get: Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.

Let me try to explain it better. In your former example you had two levels
of argument checking: the one in your code (process-command-args) and the
one performed again by si:top-level. That was the reason why redefining
locally *help-file* did not work.

In the new version si:top-level does not invoke process-command-args. The
only argument processing will happen at the beginning. If you wish to signal
an error due to missing or wrong arguments, then you have to customize the
value that you give to  process-command-args.

Alternatively, if all the arguments you need are ECL's, then invoke
(SI:TOP-LEVEL T) instead of (SI:TOP-LEVEL).