[Ecls-list] Release ready

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Jan 16 00:38:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 00:36:47 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I had to fix a number of bugs that were submitted during the last days.
> Unless somebody complains very loud (please, no! :-) I will tag and upload
> the 11.1.1 release this weekend.

I tried the following diff here, which does three minor things:

- Add a check for etags and emags-etags, setting ETAGS var to one of
  them if found
- Checking for ETAGS being set and if so generate tag files as before
  but using $ETAGS
- Remove what I think is an extra "done" at the end of the install
  target

However, after running autoconf locally to regenerate the configure
script, there are issues, which might be to bugs in my autoconf
version, or perhaps a too old version for features ECL expects (my
version was 2.65, it seems that configure was generated using 2.68).

The first error I got was related to byte types detection; now somehow
after a second regeneration I get yet another odd error related to an
invalid FD redirection.

checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for int8_t... no
checking for uint8_t... yes
checking for int16_t... no
checking for uint16_t... yes
checking for int32_t... no
checking for uint32_t... yes
checking for int64_t... no
checking for uint64_t... yes
/home/mmondor/work/ecl-cvs/src/configure[7428]: >&7427 : illegal file descriptor name
configure: error: 0
make: no target to make.

It's also possible that there were changes to the aclocal.m4 script since
the last time the configure script was built, and that a bug was
introduced...

If you can, please verify if the diff works better for you.
Thanks,
--
Matt