[Ecls-list] Last pre-release milestone

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 9 18:36:27 UTC 2011

Integrate http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs_lib.html with quicklisp

So far I have been using my own mirrors of repositories, custom scripts,
etc, for downloading, building and testing third-party software. Problems: I
simply cannot keep up with repository changes or even the upgrades of our
own network and constant setting of new firewalls.

But tonight I discovered the pleasures of using quicklisp and found that it
makes my life very easy. My last goal right now is to finish up the test
script using that distribution, solve the last automated test which is
causing problems (mingw, a problem with git updates) and move on. Hopefully
this will al be finished by the end of next week.

One important point of this phase is the choice of platforms / flags to test
with libraries. Unicode seems to be a very important dependency for a lot of
libraries. It would be nice if someone could produce a list of libraries in
quicklisp that build properly, do not have very complicated dependencies
(they should work on OS X and Linux) and are worth testing.