[Ecls-list] --disable-boehm

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:21:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru>wrote:

> According the ECL manual and the "configure --help", ECL may be build
> without a garbage collector other than Boehm-Weiser GC.

This option is no longer working. The old garbage collector had some
outdated assumptions about the system where it was built, did not support
really large configurations, mmap or memory with holes, multithreaded or
64-bit environments, mmap, etc. Maybe somebody can fix it, but right now it
does seem worth the effort -- specially given the performance and quality of
the BW garbage collector (I really expect to be able to upgrade to 7.2 at
some point)