[Ecls-list] Frequent stackoverflow errors

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 10:44:23 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I noticed that lately ECL frequently fails with stackoverflow errors,
especially when compiling/loading packages.
I can't reproduce it deterministically, but most often it happends
when I try to quickload or asdfload some package from SLIME.

However, it also happens from the command line. Right now I'm trying to do:
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-fasl-op :lispbuilder-sdl)
and I get the following message:

;;;
;;; Stack overflow.
;;; Jumping to the outermost toplevel prompt
;;;

However, using (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-fasl-op :lispbuilder-sdl) I was
abe to compile/load it from commandline, but not from SLIME.
> *features*

(:QUICKLISP :WSOCK :CLIM-GTKAIRO :DRAKMA-NO-SSL :HUNCHENTOOT-NO-SSL :ASDF2
 :ASDF :ASDF-WINDOWS :X86 :ECL-BYTECMP :FORMATTER :LONG-LONG :UINT64-T
 :UINT32-T :UINT16-T :RELATIVE-PACKAGE-NAMES :LONG-FLOAT :UNICODE :DFFI
 :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT :WINDOWS :WIN32 :MINGW32 :ECL-PDE :DLOPEN :CLOS
 :THREADS :BOEHM-GC :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :PREFIXED-API
 :FFI :PENTIUM3 :COMMON :ECL)

ECL is built on Win7x64 using 32 bit mingw with unicode and threads enabled.

Is there a way I can help to debug this stack overflow problem to find
a root cause?

Regards,
Marko Kocić