[Ecls-list] declaim question

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Feb 15 06:09:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:46:20 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:
>
> > I also so far was confused by that message; I'm not sure of its
> > usefulness if it really shows the state before the file is compiled,
> > though.  This is good to know; I used to include a declaim in my build
> > scripts because I also thought the toplevel one of the file wasn't
> > taken into consideration and somehow I never noticed yet that they
> > really were.
> >

> Would you guys remove the log statement at all, would you change it or would
> you make ECL even more verbose about the different proclamations /
> declamations, etc?

Hmm that would be a good idea I think, whenever optimization parameters
are modified a line could tell; it would then also be fine to keep the
current log line of the initial state too, which'd get updated as
necessary.  Since those are only shown with *COMPILE-VERBOSE* it's
probably allright despite the possible overhead for some files...

Thanks,
--
Matt