[Ecls-list] observations

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Dec 24 09:12:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:01:13 -0800
Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> wrote:

> I would still like to know how to compile ecl on the 64-bit platform so
> the created library will work with 32-bit created executables. I tried
> passing some arguments to configure in an effort to get gmp to compile,
> but I don't yet know the proper combination. I'll try some other things
> after the holidays.

Unfortunately my experience is either limited to pure 64-bit or 32-bit
code (mostly on NetBSD, which build.sh script simplifies having
multiple cross-compilers under /usr/tools/), or with NetBSD's NETBSD_32
compat to run 32-bit applications under a 64-bit kernel (I'm sure this
must also be possible on Linux, though).

If you would like to use a 64-bit toolchain to build 32-bit binaries,
perhaps that the -m32 or -m32-bit option to CC/gcc might help (if the
compiler was compiled with such support), but I never tried this.
Others reading this list might have better advice.

> Have a great holiday season,

Thanks, same to you, Juanjo and to all readers of this list :)
--
Matt