[Ecls-list] Important changes in the tests

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:34:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> To run tests, is only ecl/src/tests/ necessary?  If so, is that
> dependent on the --with-rt configure option?  Because I do see a
> Makefile.in there but no Makefile.  I've never personally used the
> tests but would like to give them a try.

No, you have to build ECL in order to use the tests. This is so because the
tests are not part of "make check" and have to be installed in a clean
directory (the ANSI test suite cannot be run in a read-only directory and
leaves a lot of temporary files behind). So the steps would be

mkdir build-directory
cd build-directory
/path/to/ecl/src/configure ...
make
make install
make check

Alternatively, instead of "make check" you may enter the
build-directory/tests directory and run some of the other options: "make
all", "make test-sbcl", etc, etc