[Ecls-list] [usocket-devel] Usocket and ECL's MAKE-BUILD

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:15:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:

> ASDF2's enabled-by-default output translations break the practice of
> *compile-file-truename*, and the recommended new method is to find files
> via ASDF:SYSTEM-RELATIVE-PATHNAME. Will that cause a problem in ECL?

It is quite obvious that if libraries depend on external files they will
cause a problem when used in *standalone programs and libraries*.

It is quite unfortunate that ASDF does not provide a declarative interface
to list the files that belong to a library and a set of functions to locate
them afterwards -- we could change such an interface to work in standalone
programs --. There is an old discussion in the ASDF mailing list where I put
forward this idea and was bashed down to exhaustion, but I cannot find it
anymore.

However, ordinary use via LOAD-OP, LOAD-FASL-OP or other operators will
function as usual -- I have experienced no problem so far with the libraries
that quicklisp ships.