[Ecls-list] libdir: *nix vs. Windows

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Thu Sep 30 16:03:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:08:48 +0400, Samium Gromoff <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
> However, @libdir@ is @prefix@/lib, which somehow works on Linux, and
> breaks on MinGW.

Ok, so "*mingw" have INSTALL_TARGET=flatinstall, which mashes bindir,
libdir, includedir and ecldir together into $(prefix),
/but this fact only surfaces during installation/!

Which obviously breaks for code built with default *dir's.

The preconditions for flatinstallation are set into motion within
aclocal.m4.  Now, there is no way to enforce the above equality
constraint between these variables in aclocal.m4, and so /it seems/ we
should enforce it somewhere down below the substitution chain, upon
detection of the impending flatinstall...

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff