[Ecls-list] libdir: *nix vs. Windows

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Thu Sep 30 15:08:48 UTC 2010

C::ECL-LIBRARY-DIRECTORY, once built, takes its value from
*ECL-LIBRARY-DIRECTORY*, which is currently set by configure into the
value of @libdir at .

However, @libdir@ is @prefix@/lib, which somehow works on Linux, and
breaks on MinGW.

So, the question is -- what do we do about it?

I begin to have a feeling that this issue is out of my league, as it
touches the question of the installation layout.

Or, maybe the solution is simple -- to persuade, somehow, autoconf to
produce a configure which computes @libdir@ conditionally on the
architecture.  However, I do not know how to accomplish this, as my
autoconf-fu is quite rusty.

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff