[Ecls-list] minor fixes for cross compilation

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Thu Sep 23 06:27:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 2.a) Add CL_INT_BITS and CL_LONG_BITS declaration (similar to CL_FIXNUM_BITS)
> 2.b) The declaration ECL_LONG_LONG_BITS=no geneted by default doesn't work (the
>     relevant build error log is attached). Probably it was meant to have _T instead of _BITS
>     (by analogy with other settings in this section). I defined both ECL_LONG_LONG_T and
>     ECL_LONG_LONG_BITS (my environment has the long long type, therefore I specified concrete values here).
> 2.c) It looks like the default declarations for ECL_INT16_T, ECL_INT32_T must use int16_1, int32_t, but not uint16_t, uint32_t.

when we are cross-compiling ECL, most of this information is available
in most cases
in the target standard C headers.  ECL should not require manual supply of those
quantities.  I understand that not all platforms have them, but they
are the minority
and ECL should not optimize for them and it is only for them that ECL
should require
manual edition.  The cross compile process will be smoother.