[Ecls-list] ECL failure with Pierre Mai's Deflate library

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Oct 8 15:06:40 UTC 2010

When Abhishek Reddy told me that older versions of ECL don't fail with
my test case, I tried a git-bisect and found that commit
5cfb33d7ad472e7a70d14069df4e374087c6117c, "Inline forms for
ROW-MAJOR-AREF/ASET acting on specialized arrays with elements
:[u]int{8,16,32,64}-t" fails on the test case, but the previous commit,
1c6132d28a464960d2d7a82bd534b7c712ed00d2, "Inline MAKE-ARRAY also when
:INITIAL-ELEMENT is supplied.", does not fail. Both commits were made on
May 25th of this year.

Abhishek independently bisected and arrived at the same commit.

I tried to revert the failing commit changes on HEAD, but it didn't seem
to help, and I'm not sure I was doing it right.

Zach