[Ecls-list] Unknown type C::CHARACTER-DESIGNATOR

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue May 18 14:47:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:

> Did you want ECL-specific intermediary files (e.g. *.c and *.h) to be
> retained too?

Well, I know how to retain those (I introduced an environment variable
ECL_PRESERVE_FILES for doing it today), but was more interested on looking
at differences in the files generated by stable and unstable ECLs.

My idea is to use such comparisons to spot problems when building OpenAxiom.
For instance today I just found a problem with one of the new optimizers for
RPLACA/D thanks to such comparisons. But it would also be interesting to see
the translated files and the quality of their output (optimized vs.
unoptimized function calls, things that get inlined or not, etc)

Right now I have two copies of OpenAxiom building, one with ECL stable
(10.4.1) and one with the new unstable version, and both are proceeding as
usual, so I would say that the major stoppers have been solved. Let's see
whether it runs to completion or not.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com