[Ecls-list] Unknown type C::CHARACTER-DESIGNATOR

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at cs.tamu.edu
Tue May 18 14:38:21 UTC 2010

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:

| On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:
|
|     I saw you just fixed the 'GO' issue with your change to complet.lisp.
|     I'm glad OpenAxiom is useful in ironing out bugs.
|

| Indeed it is. Large pieces of code are the best thing for exercising the
| compiler.
|
| Regarding this I would like to ask you a question: is it possible to compare
| the intermediate files generated by OpenAxiom by two different versions of ECL?
| What file types (*.clisp, others?) should I be looking at?

OpenAxiom trunk has a configure option

     --enable-int-file-retention

that would cause the Boot translator to leave the *.clisp intermediary
files in the build directory.

The Lisp files generated from compiling algebra files are left in
src/algebra/*.NRLIB/code.lsp, in the build directopry.  Historically,
they never caused problems; only the compiler and interpreter files have
been trouble makers.

Did you want ECL-specific intermediary files (e.g. *.c and *.h) to be
retained too?

-- Gaby