[Ecls-list] (princ "ひらかな") error on windows build.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 28 22:09:02 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2010/3/19 Choongyeol Yoo <spcvar at gmail.com>
>
> Hi.
>> I made ECL 10.3.1 installed on windows xp and linux.
>> To test CJK characters with ECL, I tried simple test like  *(princ
>> "ひらかな").*
>> On linux build, simply it succeeded.
>> But, on windows build, built with msvc 2008, unicode enabled, * it
>> was failed as shown below.*
>> Any solution or suggestion needed to the error.
>> Thanks for this great implementation.
>>

> I have identified a couple of problems associated to Unicode, but I can not
> debug completely the one you mention.

I have been doing some additional experiments. The following program seems
to work, both when loaded with (load "foo.lsp" :external-format :utf-8) and
when entered as input as in "type foo.lsp | ecl.exe"

;;; foo.lsp

(ext::stream-external-format-set *standard-input* :utf-8)
(ext::stream-external-format-set *standard-output* :utf-8)
(print (length "ひらかな"))
(print (char-code #\ひ))
(print (char-code #\ら))
(print (char-code #\か))