[Ecls-list] Proclaims and compiler

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Sun Mar 28 19:28:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
> <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Proclamation is used a lot by OpenAxiom in the hope of helping the
>> Lisp compiler
>> generate more efficient code.
>
> I did not say that it can not be done. I just said that PROCLAIM is only
> working fully when the compiler is loaded.

I am not disputing that.

>> The way it is used by OpenAxiom is schematized by Waldek's example.
>> And it works
>> well with CLisp, SBCL, and GCL.  For us, it is important that it works
>> well with ECL
>> too.  Given the above explanation, how what is your recommendation to get
>> the
>> proclamation used by the compiler?  Is there a way to 'preload' the
>> compiler
>> persistently in the preliminary 'lisp' image that we build prior to the
>> Boot
>> translator?
>
> If you are executing a PROCLAIM form then why not execute (REQUIRE 'CMP)?

OpenAxiom compiles all generated Lisp files with a 'lisp' image that contains
the original Lisp system and custom libraries.  Is there a way to
build that 'lisp'
system that always has CMP loaded?  I suspect my question is "what is the
lifespan of the above require?"

-- Gaby