[Ecls-list] build problem with MSVC++ 6.0

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 13:35:10 UTC 2010

 I do not have access to pay-ware versions of Microsoft compilers. I am
currently using Visual Studio C++ 2010.

My impression is that your version of MSVC is so old that it does not
implement some of the functionality which is expected from the Windows
headers. In this case the garbage collector (not ECL itself) uses
VirtualQueryEx which takes an argument of type ULONG_PTR. The compiler is
complaining about that type, which suggests that your header use an older,
perhaps incompatible definition. The fix may be trivial (replacing ULONG_PTR
with WORD or even (void*)), but I myself can not solve it.

Juanjo