[Ecls-list] build problem with MSVC++ 6.0

Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** vadim.konovalov at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Mar 10 12:49:48 UTC 2010

________________________________
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** <vadim.konovalov at alcatel-lucent.com<mailto:vadim.konovalov at alcatel-lucent.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I've read build instructions for visual C and got into build problem when following it:

You do not say which version you are using, nor how you are invoking it the build procedure.

I am using version 6.0 (I mentioned this on subject line), I just used "nmake" command line to build ECL.

Indeed, afterwards I've noticed mention of version 2008 in INSTALL file, so unsupported MSVC version could be a problem.

This is a pity situation, because VC6.0 builds most of files, and stops far from beginning. However MSVC++ 6.0 has much much smaller runtime, so this is often preferable.

Best regards,
Vadim.