[Ecls-list] cvs and git [was editline poll]

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Mar 10 04:34:28 UTC 2010

Juanjo wrote:

> the current business of maintaining CVS and git repositories for the
> same project means patches have to be channeled through a single
> person (anybody knows a better solution?).

I have always wondered what keeps these repos in synch (I think there were
hints in previous emails).  I have also wondered whether people still pull
from CVS, and why.

Could git-cvsserver export from git to cvs, and then cvsup or rsync push
this exported view to sourceforge?  Such a process might be automated.
That said, Juanjo should probably still review all patches before they
enter ECL.

- Daniel