[Ecls-list] 10.3.1 slime issues

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 05:25:55 UTC 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 6:35 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

> Hmm. Instead of what I said first, try `q' to quit the Emacs backtrace,
> then enter (quit) on the *inferior-lisp*, and try M-x slime again. It's
> a race condition at place here.

infinite loop  (i.e, just get the same debug backtrace over and over)

> I do not know why ECL segfaults (which is what you by crash, right?)

emacs crashes (and I've tried about 6 different builds of emacs, both carbon and cocoa, and built myself form source).

> Alternatively, try to setup a swank-server manually, and slime-connect
> from Emacs. If you get a SEGV by that, too, try to attach gdb before
> connecting from Emacs so you can get at a backtrace.

How does one set up a swank-server manually?

Should I attach gdb to emacs or ecl (or both)?

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com