[Ecls-list] 10.3.1 slime issues

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Mar 7 23:35:58 UTC 2010

Raffael Cavallaro writes:

> On Mar 7, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
>
>> Just press 'q', M-x slime again, and `n'. That's a bug in Emacs not
>> doing the right thing on EINTR.
>
> This causes emacs to crash after responding 'n' to:
>
> create and additional *inferior lisp*? (y or n)
>
> On the rare occasion (~ 1 in 10) when emacs doesn't crash, any slime
> interaction (e.g., C-c C-k to compile and load a buffer) causes an
> immediate crash.
>

> Is there some minimal setup for slime with ecl that doesn't tickle a
> bug in emacs and cause it to crash?

Hmm. Instead of what I said first, try `q' to quit the Emacs backtrace,
then enter (quit) on the *inferior-lisp*, and try M-x slime again. It's
a race condition at place here.

I do not know why ECL segfaults (which is what you by crash, right?)

Alternatively, try to setup a swank-server manually, and slime-connect
from Emacs. If you get a SEGV by that, too, try to attach gdb before
connecting from Emacs so you can get at a backtrace.

  -T.