[Ecls-list] Problem with compiled asdf.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:52:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon <
pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:

> With ecl 10.4.2, for some ASDF systems, I get this error:
> In function CAR, the value of the only argument is
>  #<The BUILT-IN-CLASS SYMBOL>
> which is not of the expected type LIST

There was a problem with one function proclamation causing this -- the
compiler generated a type check that was erroneous and thus not satisfied.

> The backtrace is rather uninformative, there's no call to CAR in the lambda
> of asdf-load:

Yes, this is very unfortunate but the problem is that backtraces are only
produced when ECL inserts the appropriate code in all functions that must
appear in the backtrace. Since that is rather expensive, we currently have
no backtrace for compiled functions with default debug settings.